I know it’s Friday and I’m supposed to be posting a Flashback but it’s okay if I don’t Flashback every week right? I mean I don’t really have a lot of pictures of me when I was a kid so it’s kind of hard to find one every week. Anyway, lately I’ve really been wanting to get back on my weight loss routine and hopefully I am. I just got back from a walk. It wasn’t as long as I had hoped but my back was starting to hurt even though I made sure to stretch before I began. Tonight I realized just how out of shape I am. Weight Watchers has a new workout spreadsheet that I printed out and I hope that will help me stay on track. I also joined a challenge on Weight Watchers – lose 5 pounds in a week and treat yourself (non-food related) – that also might help.
For the past couple of weeks I’ve watched me gain some weight back and I am doing my best not to let that get to me. I know that I will lose it again but it’s just become so frustrating that I can’t seem to lose weight no matter what I do. My walk tonight was just shy of one mile and it took me fifteen minutes. I know that doesn’t seem too bad but I walk fast and to me that is slow. When I had to walk/run a mile in PE in school, my personal best what ten minutes and I wasn’t as out of shape back then. I played soccer so I actually was kind of fit, big but still fit. Tonight I decided to set some fitness goals that I can work up to even if it takes me over a year to achieve them.
1. Push-ups. I want to be able to 50 push-up with ease and military style. I can barely do ten on my knees. How sad is that? I can’t even hold plank position in yoga. Even that has to be on my knees.
2. Sit-ups. I want to be able to 50 sit-ups with ease as well. I don’t breathe correctly doing my ab crunches so I need to work on that too.
3. Pull-ups. I have not been able to do one pull-up since I was about 12 and even then I couldn’t do very many. I played soccer for seven years so all my strength has always been in my legs.
4. I want to run no more than an eight-minute mile. Not walk, run. I can’t jog because my knees are so shot.
5. I want to do about an hour of yoga when I wake up in the morning, every morning. If you read my post last night you know that night not happen any time soon. Insomnia sucks.
6. I want to step on that scale and actually feel great about myself. Until those numbers go down, I just get depressed and then my anti-depressant kicks in and my brain doesn’t know how to react. It’s a weird feeling and very hard to describe.
7. I want to be healthy enough that when I meet a guy, I won’t feel so conscious about how I look any maybe they can see something other than a depressed soul. This also goes with the fact that I want to be healthy when I might be blessed to start having kids. I don’t want to be overweight and pregnant. I know you have to gain weight when you are pregnant but that’s different.
Most important, I just want to be healthy. Maybe losing weight will be the only thing I need to get out of this insomnia kick. I’m sick of sitting down and seeing a roll of fat drooped over my pants. Sorry for the horrible image but I had to say it. It’s true. Who knows, maybe if I just get to my goal weight, I can go off the anti-depressant. That might take a while, but I’m patient.